Friday, July 9, 2010

Do you have a Doberman Pinscher?

Louis Doberman created the breed Doberman Pinscher during the early 1900s in Germany. Louis was a tax collector and wanted a guard dog, one that was loyal and protective without even having to necessarily train it to be that way – more natural instinct. He did a great job creating the breed Doberman Pinscher because they have the ability to protect without aggression or hostility by merely placing themselves between their owner and perceived threat. Their look pretty much takes care of the rest.

The Doberman Pinscher has a very distinct look with its black, red, blue or fawn coloring with rust on its muzzle, throat, chest, legs, and below the tail. Its coat is very short, smooth, and sleek. The Doberman Pinscher sheds very little with twice yearly heavier hair loss. The average height of a female Doberman is 24 to 26 inches at the shoulder weighing in between 65 to 76 pounds. The male Doberman weighs in between 80 to 95 pounds with a height ranging from 26 to 28 inches at the shoulders.

The Doberman Pinscher has a alert personality. It is very energetic, fearless, obedient ad loyal. They are highly trainable and although they are good around children, it is best to have your children go through training process with the Doberman. Dobermans tend to need to be socialized often with other animals from an early age and often if you want for good interaction. It is advised not to own two Dobermans of the same sex.

The main purpose of Doggie-Corral.com is to provide dog owners with an entire line of dog supplies needed to care for their beloved pets. We ship to the entire United States and provide a one stop shopping experience. We offer dog-training aids, dog insurance, health care essentials, dog apparel (e.g. dog shirts, Dog Pro sports apparel, dog boots, dog coats, dog College Sports apparel, dog blankets, dog sweaters, dog pajamas),dog beds, plastic and wood doghouses, dog crates and kennels, dog toys, dog chews, dog treats, dog and puppy foods, dog grooming products and more. Feel free to check us out at Doggie-Corral.com.

We would also love to have you connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Doggie-Corral on Facebook
Doggie-Corral on Twitter

5 comments:

  1. The Doberman is a beautiful dog, no doubt about that. I live in a very remote area and my Doberman, Sasha, is the best guard dog I've ever owned. I swear she starts her 'alert' bark 3 to 4 minutes before the arrival of a visitor. It doesn't matter if they are hiking in or driving in, she's on it. She's the best dog I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was considering a Doberman until I saw how muscular they were. I'm very small built and I might weigh 90 soaking wet. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to control a dog that weighs darned near as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother has a Doberman and is quite happy with it. A friend had one and got rid of it. She wouldn't say why. I was going to get one, but now I'm not so sure. I wish I knew why my friend didn't keep hers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom travels a lot between her children and grandchildren. She still prefers to drive and she has a traveling companion. Her Doberman, Taco, never leaves her side. We know he would never let anyone get close enough to hurt Mom. He even sleeps right beside the bed. He's been a great dog for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm confined to a wheel chair and I'm not very strong. If I had to hold an animal this big, I'm afraid it would get away from me. There are many good reasons to own one, but that one drawback has kept me from it.

    ReplyDelete