Thursday, July 15, 2010

Animal Shelters Using Social Media Outlets to find homes for Adoptable Dogs

Twitter-A-Critter

Animals Shelters are abundant on both Twitter and Facebook, actively searching for suitable homes for adoptable dogs, cats, and other animals. Social media outlets are helping animal shelters raise awareness, get donations, and even adopt animals.

Social Media outlets takes word of mouth universal making it the best way to make a huge difference in exposure for needy animals. It speeds up the spread of information and broadens broadcast areas. Now a dog that is up for adoption in one state may very well find its perfect home in another!

There is a great way you can help many adoptable pets find a home by joining in on the social media action. Twitter A Critter is an organization that has over 150,000 pets in their data base in need of a home. All that is asked of you is to visit their website, select a pet you would like to see adopted, and tweet it. The more fellow animal lovers tweet, the sooner these pets will find great homes. Won’t you tweet for a dog or cats sake today?

The main purpose of Doggie-Corral.com is to provide dog owners with an entire line of dog supplies needed to care for their beloved pets. We ship to the entire United States and provide a one stop shopping experience. We offer dog-training aids, dog insurance, health care essentials, dog apparel (e.g. dog shirts, Dog Pro sports apparel, dog boots, dog coats, dog College Sports apparel, dog blankets, dog sweaters, dog pajamas),dog beds, plastic and wood doghouses, dog crates and kennels, dog toys, dog chews, dog treats, dog and puppy foods, dog grooming products and more. Feel free to check us out at Doggie-Corral.com.

We would also love to have you connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Doggie-Corral on Facebook
Doggie-Corral on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. It's about time someone came up with this idea. I love animals but cannot have them in the apartment complex I live in. I walk dogs in a nearby neighborhood and that's how I get my 'doggie fix'. My lease will be up in a few months and I'm already looking for a pet friendly complex. Oh, by the way, I love the Funny Pet Images. They make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I don't have one I want to get rid of, but I do have room for another small dog. I'm going out to check this out right now. We don't have a shelter here, it's a pretty small town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an animal lover, I am so proud of the shelters doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so great. I constantly get updates on animals that are in danger of being put down. Many of them are saved due to social media.

    ReplyDelete