Thursday, June 10, 2010

Loving your Dog

When you want your dog to really thrive and be the best that it can be, you have to nurture it no different than you would nurture a newborn baby into your home. Just as children thrive on structure and discipline, dogs do as well and training is paramount to your dog’s quality of life whether you do it on your own or enroll him/her in a training program.

When placing your dog in a training program, make sure you choose wisely and then follow through. A huge part of the success of any training program is the dog owner’s active involvement and ability to establish themselves as the dog’s master. Being the authority figure over your dog does not mean inflicting corporal punishment. It is wrong to do with children, and it is wrong to do with pets! Be sure to reinforce good behavior and humanely correct misbehavior. Consistency is key in achieving positive results.

Building and maintaining a strong bond with your dog is vital. Provide your dog ample one on one time. Petting your dog, playing with toys, talking to him, or taking him for rides in the car are some ways to strengthen and preserve this bond. Dog ownership should not be a chore, but it is a responsibility that needs to be taken seriously. Dog ownership can be an experience that will enrich your life and that of your dog.


The main purpose of Doggie-Corral.com is to provide dog owners with an entire line of dog supplies needed to care for their beloved pets. We ship to the entire United States and provide a one stop shopping experience. We offer dog-training aids, dog insurance, health care essentials, dog apparel (e.g. dog shirts, Dog Pro sports apparel, dog boots, dog coats, dog College Sports apparel, dog blankets, dog sweaters, dog pajamas),dog beds, plastic and wood doghouses, dog crates and kennels, dog toys, dog chews, dog treats, dog and puppy foods, dog grooming products and more. Feel free to check us out at Doggie-Corral.com.

We would also love to have you connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Doggie-Corral on Facebook
Doggie-Corral on Twitter

6 comments:

  1. The family next door to me got a dog recently. I wondered how it would work as they are always yelling at their kids. It wasn't long before they started yelling at the dog too. This morning I saw the guy kick the dog. That was it for me. I called the authorities and turned him in. APL came and got the dog a while ago. Some people should not own animals or have children either for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart melts when I see a puppy. They are so cute. I have to wonder how anyone could have one and not give it all the love and attention it needs. It lives to be your best friend. How many of your 2 legged acquaintances can you count on like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you find total acceptance, and undying love, how can you not return it? Your dog lives to love you and asks so little in return. I wish I could find that kind of devotion in other areas of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been without at least one dog and once had three at the same time. They are so loving and I just feel better when they are around. I can talk to them and they hang on my every word. They may not be able to answer me, but I swear they can understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I've seen puppies who were brought into the family with a new baby and it's the same type of care and discipline used on both. They both thrive and it's just one big happy family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable dog! You made me want to get another one. lol

    Our dogs need a lot of love and care....it's easy to give because they are so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete