Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Do you have a Rottweiler?



The Rottweiler exact origins are not known, it is believed that the breed derived from the Mastiff and that its ancestors can be traced back to ancient Rome and later shown in the German town of Rottweil where it worked as a cattle dog and sometimes a police dog and where it got its name. The Rottweiler average life span is 10 to 15 years. Their black with tan, rust, or Mahogany marked coat can distinguish Rottweilers. Their coat is short, dense with a soft to medium texture, and low to high sheen.

Male Rottweiler weighs in at approximately 93 to 130 pounds and their female counterparts weigh in around 80 to 115 pounds. The Rottweiler is a large, muscular and rugged dog with a hard-working and confident demeanor. This breed is intelligent and very loyal to its family. It is a excellent working dog, watchdog or guard dog. The bad rep the Rottweilers have is really unfair because most Rot’s raised by responsible dog owners are really quite calm and affectionate.

The main purpose of Doggie-Corral.com is to provide dog owners with an entire line of dog supplies needed to care for their beloved pets. We ship to the entire United States and provide a one stop shopping experience. We offer dog-training aids, dog insurance, health care essentials, dog apparel (e.g. dog shirts, Dog Pro sports apparel, dog boots, dog coats, dog College Sports apparel, dog blankets, dog sweaters, dog pajamas),dog beds, plastic and wood doghouses, dog crates and kennels, dog toys, dog chews, dog treats, dog and puppy foods, dog grooming products and more. Feel free to check us out at Doggie-Corral.com.

We would also love to have you connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Doggie-Corral on Facebook
Doggie-Corral on Twitter

5 comments:

  1. They're too big for me. I like lap dogs. I have a miniature poodle and that's about the right size. When I take my dog for a walk I don't want them to be walking me. I'm in my 60's and pretty set in my ways. My son has a Rottweiler and they get along just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not on your life. I'm a little afraid of bigger dogs and I've heard too many bad stories to make me want one of these dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a matter of fact, I do. I got him when he was 8 weeks old and he's 3 now. Best darned dog I've ever had. It's just my wife and I, no kids. I'm not sure I would have made the same choice if we had kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry but these comments are ridiculous. Especially a rottweiler owner saying he wouldn't have had a rottweiler if he had kids. That's crazy talk. As a kid I was born and raised with two rottweilers. And my god... They were my everything. They protected me. They watched over me. They played with me. And most importantly they never once hurt me in anyway. Not even accidently. They were very gentle with me. And to make things more hillarious. The only dog that's ever attacked me wa s agolden retriever. Yes. America. Your perfect breed. Rottweilers are great family dogs. Ofcourse if they're growing up with the kids. And you don't just take an adult rottweiler who's never seen kids and throw him into a house full of kids. No. Rottweilers are incredible. They're so intelligent. They know every single thing. They know when to protect and when to just be goofy and have fun. They're hillarious. Loyal. Beautiful. And guardians. We've always had rottweilers. Have them now and will never ever have another breed. Its just not an option. People hear bad stories. Yeah well you ofcourse will pay attention to a rottweiler killing someone and not a poodle going crazy and killing her owners. America and their scapegoats. Someone has to be the scapegoat. Rottweilers get a bad rep because of their protectiveness. Its often called aggression and or being vicious. When in reality they're just doing their jobs and protecting. Learn a thing or two about them before you judge them or us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary these dogs are the best. It is the owners fault if the dog was vicious.

    Our Max is the perfect dog for our family!

    ReplyDelete