Friday, June 18, 2010

Do you have an Afghan Hound?


The Afghan Hound originated in Afghanistan and the surrounding regions. The Afghan Hound was used to chase game, including deer and rabbit due to their exceptional vision and considerable speed and agility. The Afghan Hound average life span is 10 to 15 years. Their silky flowing locks were developed to protect it from harsh element. It grows long, thick and extremely fine all over the dog with the exception of the Afgan’s face and the top of the tail where you will see the extreme opposite where the hair is very short and smooth.

Afghan Hounds’ stand approximately 24 to 28 inches and weigh approximately 50 to 60 pounds. The Afghan Hound is a large dog but not bulky. This breed is intelligent and a very gentle companion with an independent spirit. Because of the Afghan Hound innate prey drive, they should not be trusted off a leash. If they get lose on a run after prey, you may as well kiss it goodbye until it either catches the prey or tires out. They are just that fast and driven.


The main purpose of Doggie-Corral.com is to provide dog owners with an entire line of dog supplies needed to care for their beloved pets. We ship to the entire United States and provide a one stop shopping experience. We offer dog-training aids, dog insurance, health care essentials, dog apparel (e.g. dog shirts, Dog Pro sports apparel, dog boots, dog coats, dog College Sports apparel, dog blankets, dog sweaters, dog pajamas),dog beds, plastic and wood doghouses, dog crates and kennels, dog toys, dog chews, dog treats, dog and puppy foods, dog grooming products and more. Feel free to check us out at Doggie-Corral.com.

We would also love to have you connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Doggie-Corral on Facebook
Doggie-Corral on Twitter

5 comments:

  1. I don't, but after seeing this picture I sure wish I did. I've never seen one before or even a very good picture. That is one beautiful dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty dog. It would never do in my apartment though. Actually, I have a kitten because that's the only type of pet the owner will allow. My dog has to stay with my Mom until my lease is up and I can move. I do see him every day even though I can't have him with me. I walk him both before and after work. I can't wait until I can get him back. I just hope he will be able to adjust to the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afghan Hounds are pretty high maintenance dogs. If they don't get brushed regularly it shows. You really have to have a lot of time to groom them and time is something I don't have a lot of. They are very pretty dogs though and one I would consider if time permitted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty dog but OMG look at all that hair. I have 4 girls under the age of 7 and I do all 4 heads of hair everyday besides my own. And then I would have to brush that? No how, no way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a whole lot of hair for one dog! It is beautiful but I can't imagine caring for it. We're looking for a dog but I think I need one a little easier to care for than an Afghan.

    ReplyDelete