Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dog Massage

Just like you enjoy a great massage, so does your dog. Studies have shown that dog massage does help effectively with dog’s soreness and muscle stiffness as well as helps keep the stress level of your dog at a minimum. There are five different types of massage that are making a strong break into dog care – Swedish, Acupressure, Sport, Myofascial, and Craniosacral. Each has a specific purpose.

Swedish Massage is used to manipulate the body’s soft tissues to achieve drainage, relaxation, and stimulation. It enhances the circulatory, musculoskeletal, and nervous system functioning.

Acupressure Massage is used to help deal with arthritis, fatigue, poor digestion and more through applying pressure to key points along a dogs particular energy lines called meridians.

Sport Massage is used to deal with top muscular fitness and is popular in dogs who compete. Myofascial Massage releases tightness within the fascia tissues found between muscle group layers and around the skeletal structures. Craniosacral Massage deals with trauma to the spine such as whiplash.

Regular massage can help your dog live a longer, healthier, and happier life. Next time you are getting a massage, think about scheduling your dog with a canine massage.


The main purpose of Doggie-Corral.com is to provide dog owners with an entire line of dog supplies needed to care for their beloved pets. We ship to the entire United States and provide a one stop shopping experience. We offer dog-training aids, dog insurance, health care essentials, dog apparel (e.g. dog shirts, Dog Pro sports apparel, dog boots, dog coats, dog College Sports apparel, dog blankets, dog sweaters, dog pajamas),dog beds, plastic and wood doghouses, dog crates and kennels, dog toys, dog chews, dog treats, dog and puppy foods, dog grooming products and more. Feel free to check us out at Doggie-Corral.com.

We would also love to have you connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Doggie-Corral on Facebook
Doggie-Corral on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. I'm willing to learn how to do this for my dog but I expect the same from her. No way is my dog going to get a massage unless I get them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a service that is provided by the woman who clips nails, bathes and brushes him. He loves it and seems to be happier after his return home. I guess I would be too if I was getting the whole package myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a massage and my dog just was given one from me. She melts right into the couch when I give her one so I know she loves it!

    I hope more people give their dogs a massage.

    ReplyDelete