Friday, June 25, 2010

Do you have a Labradoodle?

The Labradoodle was created by crossing a Labrador Retriever and a standard or miniature poodle. It was first bred in 1988 by Wally Conron in New Zealand to be used as guide dogs. The reasoning was that with the cross breed, the Labradoodle would have the qualities of gentleness, easy to train, and a low shedder making it a perfect dog for those individuals allergic to fur or dander. Labradoodles are now widely used around the world as guide, assistance, and therapy dogs as well as being popular family dogs.

Labradoodles' hair can be anywhere from wiry to soft, and may be straight, wavy, or curly. Many Labradoodles do shed, although for those dogs that have inherited poodle coat characteristics, the coat usually sheds less and has less dog odor than that of a Labrador Retriever. Labradoodles are generally friendly, energetic and good with families and children as well as very intelligent and quite trainable. Labradoodles often display an attraction for water and strong swimming ability.

Labradoodles come in four sizes - Micro Mini's 9-17 lbs. (Under 15 inches); Mini 18-25 lbs (15-18 inches); Medium 25-55 lbs. (19-23 inches); Maxi 60-100 lbs (24-30 inches). They have a long lifespan and can exceed 17 years with proper care.


The main purpose of Doggie-Corral.com is to provide dog owners with an entire line of dog supplies needed to care for their beloved pets. We ship to the entire United States and provide a one stop shopping experience. We offer dog-training aids, dog insurance, health care essentials, dog apparel (e.g. dog shirts, Dog Pro sports apparel, dog boots, dog coats, dog College Sports apparel, dog blankets, dog sweaters, dog pajamas),dog beds, plastic and wood doghouses, dog crates and kennels, dog toys, dog chews, dog treats, dog and puppy foods, dog grooming products and more. Feel free to check us out at Doggie-Corral.com.

We would also love to have you connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Doggie-Corral on Facebook
Doggie-Corral on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. I thought I was pretty knowledgeable about dog breeds but as I live and breathe I've never heard of a Labradoodle. It's cute as heck and it sounds like a great dog to have around kids. I'm going to check into getting one for our family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad gets stuff from here and he told me I could get a dog of my own when I was 10. I hope he will let me have this dog. I am 10 on July first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't hold your breath McKenna. When I told you that you could get a dog of your own I envisioned a Heinz 57 Variety type of dog from the local shelter. I know you put this comment out here for my benefit and I won't go back on my promise. But, I won't be intimidated by a 10 year old who thinks that posting a comment like this will get her the dog of her dreams. So, we can go down to the shelter on Thursday and you can get your own dog, OR, you can wait until you get a job and a place of your own and you can get the dog of your dreams. Let me know. Love ya, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, interesting post so happy to have found your blog. More power to your site, have a nice day!

    Cathy
    Labradoodle puppies for sale in melbourne

    ReplyDelete