Friday, May 28, 2010

Your Loving Elderly Dog



As dogs age, they disposition can change. Some may desire to be near you 24/7. They may all of the sudden begin to follow you around more, beg for extra tummy rubs, lean against you, lounge next to you on the couch longer, and just be over all clingier than normal. When time is limited with your beloved dog, this can be a much appreciated time.

However, other dogs in their later time of life can become more solitary, spend more time napping, or just gazing out a window. Instead of greeting you when you enter a room, your dog may exit left seeking its alone comfort spot. This can sadden a dog owner during this time.

Any change of behavior out of the norm for your dog warrants a visit to the vet to rule out any physical reason behind the change. However, both of the scenarios explained previously are pretty common for a senior dog. If your senior dog begins to require more attention, give him or her the extra love they are craving and should he/she prefer more alone time, don’t take it personal. You can encourage interaction with your dog, just don’t force it and give them the space they need.


The main purpose of Doggie-Corral.com is to provide dog owners with an entire line of dog supplies needed to care for their beloved pets. We ship to the entire United States and provide a one stop shopping experience. We offer dog-training aids, dog insurance, health care essentials, dog apparel (e.g. dog shirts, Dog Pro sports apparel, dog boots, dog coats, dog College Sports apparel, dog blankets, dog sweaters, dog pajamas),dog beds, plastic and wood doghouses, dog crates and kennels, dog toys, dog chews, dog treats, dog and puppy foods, dog grooming products and more. Feel free to check us out at Doggie-Corral.com.

We would also love to have you connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Doggie-Corral on Facebook
Doggie-Corral on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. My dog is nearing 15 years old. There are times when he sits right at my feet or will nudge my hand to get me to pet him. He's been a good and faithful dog and I know he's running out of time. If I can make him more content with some extra attention, you better believe I'll do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog is older and is not as active as she once was. She still enjoys our walks but play time is considerably less and more sedate than it used to be. She's really content to just be near me most of the time. I'm no spring chicken either so it works for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My baby is getting so old. I'm so happy she is still here with us. I've told my daughters to let her have her own time so she can rest. They want her to continue to play like she used to--but I explained to them she's aging.

    ReplyDelete