Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dog Harness versus Dog Collar



When you need to be able to control your active dog calmly, use a dog harness rather than a collar on your pet. A dog harness is readily accepted by dogs and easily used by owners. Many dog trainers and animal behaviorists recommend dog harnesses for the more active dogs for its ease of use and humane design.

Unlike a collar, a dog harness distributes force evenly throughout the dog’s body. You can pull on the harness and the dog will feel his entire center of gravity being moved as opposed to yanking the dog’s head/neck. This is a gentler, more sensible and a far more effective way of applying force to an animal, when force is called for. By pulling on a dog’s center of gravity, he will not have much choice than move along with it. Check out some of the great dog harnesses available through Doggie Corral.

The main purpose of Doggie-Corral.com is to provide dog owners with an entire line of dog supplies needed to care for their beloved pets. We ship to the entire United States and provide a one stop shopping experience. We offer dog-training aids, dog insurance, health care essentials, dog apparel (e.g. dog shirts, Dog Pro sports apparel, dog boots, dog coats, dog College Sports apparel, dog blankets, dog sweaters, dog pajamas),dog beds, plastic and wood doghouses, dog crates and kennels, dog toys, dog chews, dog treats, dog and puppy foods, dog grooming products and more. Feel free to check us out at Doggie-Corral.com.

We would also love to have you connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Doggie-Corral on Facebook
Doggie-Corral on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree that a harness is the more humane of the two. Some of the collars in use today appear to capable of severe harm to the dog. I'm really not much of an animal person but I hate to see any animal mistreated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always used a harness with my dog. I get better control with it and when I restrain him it distributes the pull over his body as opposed to directly to his neck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a collar until my dog was full grown and then I switched to the harness. He seems to like it much better than the collar and I do to. Brody is a big dog and loves to jump on people, to better lick their faces. I'm working on breaking that habit and the harness gives me better control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always considered harnesses to be for control of an unruly dog. I stand corrected. I recently bought one for my toy poodle because he hates the collar. I couldn't believe that he took right to it and doesn't even mind being on a leash any more. Will wonders never cease?

    ReplyDelete