Friday, April 16, 2010

Traveling with your Dog

When you are planning on hitting the road this season with your four legged friend, keep them comfy on the trip. Besides a traveling carrier, here are some other products that will make the trip more pleasant for both you and your dog.


Dog booster car seat


Food/water dishes

Bring along ample fresh water and dog food and plenty of bags to clean up any messes your four-legged travel partner may have along the way. Have a back pack filled with your dogs favorie toys, blanket and medical records. Make sure your dog's collar has identification so if he or she should stray, you can be located easily and quickly. Take ample breaks to allow your dog to stretch its legs out and to reduce any anieties he or she may have along the way. Soft music being played on the radio can be soothing for your dog.. Do not blare the music as it is bad on your dog's hearing. Never leave your dog unattended in your car. The heat can cause your dog to suffer from a heat stroke which can be fatal.


The main purpose of Doggie-Corral.com is to provide dog owners with an entire line of dog supplies needed to care for their beloved pets. We ship to the entire United States and provide a one stop shopping experience. We offer dog-training aids, dog insurance, health care essentials, dog apparel (e.g. dog shirts, Dog Pro sports apparel, dog boots, dog coats, dog College Sports apparel, dog blankets, dog sweaters, dog pajamas),dog beds, plastic and wood doghouses, dog crates and kennels, dog toys, dog chews, dog treats, dog and puppy foods, dog grooming products and more. Feel free to check us out at Doggie-Corral.com.

We would also love to have you connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Doggie-Corral on Facebook
Doggie-Corral on Twitter

5 comments:

  1. I know sometimes that you have to take your dog with you in the car. It really makes me mad to see people driving with their dogs on their laps. It's really not safe for the dog or the driver. If they really loved them, they would be in a carrier in the back seat, much like they would secure a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that loud music would harm your dog's ears. Makes sense. My dog howls at my son's music. I thought he might have been singing, but it was pretty loud. I hate to think it was hurting him. I'm going to talk to my son and ask him to keep the volume lower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we travel with the dog, he gets his own case packed. I wouldn't consider taking him otherwise. The first time we took him my husband had fits of hysteria. After camping for a week, he told me how insightful I was when I packed for everyone, including the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With summer getting closer it's good that you mentioned dog's being left in closed cars. Actually, even if the window is cracked it may still be dangerous for the dog. It's best not to chance it. The dog will be safer at home, period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this is an informative and interesting post so i think so it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. pet car seat

    ReplyDelete