Thursday, December 30, 2010

Your Dog Questions Answered




I love the Lassie TV episodes. I heard that Lassie was a male dog. Is this true?
Yes, Lassie was a male dog. He also was the first animal named to the Animal Hall of Fame in 1969.

In the winter, how do dogs keep themselves really warm?
You will see that your dog will sometimes curl up with his/her tail covering their nose.

When did people start giving their dog’s a collar to wear?
A long ways back as dogs have been wearing collars ever since Egyptian times! It has been found that dogs with collars are in art that dates back to ancient times.

Which dog breed is the smallest member of the sporting dog family?
According to the American Kennel Club says that Cocker Spaniels are the smallest member of the sporting dog family.

My dog will not stop sneezing! Should I take him to the vet? Yes, you should take your dog to the vet for excessive sneezing. Other signs and symptoms include taking your dog to the vet are vomiting, diarrhea, lack of appetite, coughing, or abnormal discharge from eyes. Each one of these items can indicate a health problem in your dog.

I know I cannot give my dog chicken bones to chew on, but can I give her steak bones?

No, do not give your dog steak bones. Your dog can chew off little pieces of bone that can scratch her insides. Your dog can also choke on steak bones. Your dog will be safe with a chew bone from the pet store or discount store.

The main purpose of Doggie-Corral.com is to provide dog owners with an entire line of dog supplies needed to care for their beloved pets. We ship to the entire United States and provide a one stop shopping experience. We offer dog-training aids, dog insurance, health care essentials, dog apparel (e.g. dog shirts, Dog Pro sports apparel, dog boots, dog coats, dog College Sports apparel, dog blankets, dog sweaters, dog pajamas),dog beds, plastic and wood doghouses, dog crates and kennels, dog toys, dog chews, dog treats, dog and puppy foods, dog grooming products and more. Feel free to check us out at Doggie-Corral.com.

We would also love to have you connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Doggie-Corral on Facebook
Doggie-Corral on Twitter

5 comments:

  1. Never knew Lassie was a male!

    Great reminder not to feed your dog bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin would give steak bones to his dog--I told him NOT to. Glad you wrote this blog as I showed him. He now believes me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea Lassie was a male!

    Oh boy-our dog is okay but our cat is coughing, sneezing and has yucky eye discharge. Vet time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek, I thought steak bones were fine, too. No more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen our dog and cats cover their noses with their tail! Looks cozy.

    ReplyDelete