Friday, December 17, 2010

Your Dog Questions Answered





Should I really dress my dog up in a dog sweater or dog jacket outside?
Yes, if you have a thin-coated dog it needs a dog blanket or a warm dog sweater if they go outside in the cold for extended periods without being active.

I put a dog sweater or dog jacket on my dog when we go outside in the cold. Now I hear I should put dog boots on my dog. Why?
Dog boots are helpful when the snow is icy or if the dog is running on streets with salt or other de-icing chemicals that are dangerous for the dog to lick off his/her paws. Also, it eats away at the ice, so you know it is eating away at your dog’s paws.

My female dog used to be so affectionate. Now she is growling and snarling at me and pretty much wants nothing to do with me. Any ideas why she would be doing this?
As long as you do not have someone bothering your dog such as a small child trying to pull your dog’s hair or constantly try to ride your dog, your female dog is most likely pregnant.

My dog is going to have puppies in a few days. When she starts to go into labor, what should I do?

Make sure you have a very large box for your dog that is filled with newspapers, old towels as well as sheets. You want to make sure that the box is large enough for your dog and the new puppies.

You will know when your dog is going to go into labor after you take her temperature and it drops below 100°F. Once your dog becomes very restless, keeps on urinating and has vaginal discharge she is ready to have her puppies.

When labor starts--leave your dog alone. Make sure the area is calm and quiet. Afterall, in this time you would not want to have a lot of people running around, TV blaring, someone talking loud on the phone, etc. As soon as the puppies are born, offer your new mother a drink of water and some food. A little later try to get her to go outside. Treat your dog with extra care at this time just as you would a new human mother.

Keep your questions coming!

The main purpose of Doggie-Corral.com is to provide dog owners with an entire line of dog supplies needed to care for their beloved pets. We ship to the entire United States and provide a one stop shopping experience. We offer dog-training aids, dog insurance, health care essentials, dog apparel (e.g. dog shirts, Dog Pro sports apparel, dog boots, dog coats, dog College Sports apparel, dog blankets, dog sweaters, dog pajamas),dog beds, plastic and wood doghouses, dog crates and kennels, dog toys, dog chews, dog treats, dog and puppy foods, dog grooming products and more. Feel free to check us out at Doggie-Corral.com.

We would also love to have you connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Doggie-Corral on Facebook
Doggie-Corral on Twitter

7 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading all of the answers to the questions. Many I've wondered myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic info on the labor of dogs. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live in IL...our dog needs a sweater or jacket when she goes outdoors in our freezing winters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dog sweaters or dog jackets are a MUST in the midwest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips on labor. We'll be going through it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that must be why my dog is snarling--I have a 2 year old that is trying to ride her and bother her. I will make sure my child stays away from our dog as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just ordered 2 sweaters off of your site to keep my dog extra warm on these freezing days!

    ReplyDelete